MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:Competitive dependent on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe's number one missile system provider. This role is to design, develop and implement tools, jigs, fixtures and prototype models for production or experimental use. Design involvement is through the full product lifecycle, with the aim to reduce manufacturing costs; improve yield at all stages, whilst supporting the Programme delivery.
You will be part of a high performing team. You will be creating Tooling solutions on a wide variety of projects. This is a critical role collaborating with wider multi-disciplinary teams to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
We are looking for someone with passion and drive to take ownership of all aspects of the delivery of these solutions.What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with demonstrable experience in Mechanical design and development using appropriate engineering tools and techniques.
- High level of capability in the use of industry standard 3D CAD packages such as PTC CREO and producing detailed drawings to BS8888 employing GD&T controls.
- A solid understanding of manufacturing techniques including NC programming, general machining and electro-mechanical assembly.
- Experience in material selection and process applications such as plating and painting.
- Able to work to defined technical requirements and understand the customer needs to develop a design solution.
- Confidence to undertake tolerance studies and analysis to ensure compliance with prime product.
- Experience of operating in an environment employing development techniques such as FMEA, DFA, DFM etc.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.