Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: £38,000 - £55,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days per week on site and the rest from home. This can vary to less or more depending on projects.The opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our RF Seekers Department within the Requirements and Architecture group which is responsible for the definition of the seeker system design and the subsystems. We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to join a growing multi-disciplinary team that support a range of activities from system design through to system validation.
As a team we are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes, working with our Customers and Suppliers towards developing and integrating the next generation RF missile seekers. In order to succeed, we require somebody to work with a variety of seeker disciplines, to synthesise the needs of all of our stakeholders and ensure the true system needs are met.
There are roles available across multiple Seeker programmes, including those in their assessment phase such as Future Cruise Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) and Meteor, developing ground breaking technologies including Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESAs) and highly integrated multi-mode sensors. There are numerous progression and development opportunities available, as well as interaction with stakeholders across dynamic engineering teams.What we're looking for from you:
You will be an enthusiastic, adaptable and proactive individual who enjoys finding innovative solutions to complex engineering problems. Ideally you would have a degree level qualification in a STEM subject or equivalent experience, and the ability to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC or DV). Most importantly, if you have a passion for the industry and technology, then we want to see you! We can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products.Essential experience:
- Requirements management toolset (e.g, DOORs)
- Define and conduct systems studies in order to inform requirements
- Data analysis and Technical report writing
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team
- Knowledge of MBSE, Software or firmware knowledge
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Knowledge of performance Model Development processes
- Experience in, or appreciation of, task package management
- Experience in product verification and validation
- Experience across the full product lifecycle
- Hardware experience or an interest in Hardware
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.