Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £50,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days per week on site and the rest from home. This can vary to less or more depending on projects.The opportunity:
At MBDA, we are growing our Electromagnetic Warfare (EW) capabilities. The EW Group supports activities on relevant weapon system and missile programmes, with specific responsibilities for the weapon system design and verification, system and equipment integration, RF system design, threat analysis, and modelling & simulation activities associated with EW capability and performance.
We are recruiting to support two key areas of EW capability:
- The first is the ability to integrate Electromagnetic Attack Weapons into the wider sovereign EW Operational Data Generation services, and to engineer our weapon systems to make effective use of EW Mission Data.
- The second is to provide EW Domain knowledge and leadership into EA Weapon System program systems engineering organisations.
You will be joining an exciting, expanding, and rapidly evolving area within MBDA, with the opportunity to work on new and innovative products. With full support in your professional development you'll be able to increase your knowledge and understanding of EW Systems. Opportunities for travel within the UK and Europe in support of programmes is also available.
Candidates must hold, or be willing to apply for, DV clearance.What we're looking for from you: Essential:
- Awareness of Systems Engineering principles & best practices.
- Experience of complex system product development
- Awareness of EW principles and an enthusiasm for working within the domain of EW
- System Design and Validation engineering skills
- Proficient in requirements management toolsets (e.g. DOORS).
We would also be keen to see people with a knowledge of Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) processes, and organisations;
- EW tactics and techniques;
- RF System Design;
- Air Defence & Radar Systems;
- Weapon System Planning tools and environments;
- Platform integration;
- MOD organisations, especially those that relate to EW and Weapon Systems.
- System Architecting and system development
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.