The Quality Inspector will support Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of their specific Quality requirements.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £27,960-£37,500 (depending on experience and suitability to the role)
Closing date: 12th December 2023
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Carry out inspection activities to meet programme demand and deliver continuous improvement in product quality.
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies.
- Test and measure materials or products being produced.
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality methodologies.
- Participation in experimental trials improvement activities and audits, where appropriate.
- Accept or reject finished items.
- Have an excellent eye for detail.
- Report inspection results with those responsible for products.
- Work to company deadlines and targets.
- Engagement with relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques. Inspect final products to ensure they are manufactured to a high standard.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience.
- ONC or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Capable of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards.
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation.