MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom. Salary:
Up to £50,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The opportunity:
FC/ASW (TP15) is approaching the end of a three year Assessment Phase in Dec-24 (where AP focuses on defining a robust set of requirements and architectures at system/sub-system/equipment level and de-risking key elements).
The primary Ground Trials team AP output is a clear and coherent set of Proving Strategies (e.g. Environmental, EMC and S3) that define the follow-on D&M phase activities as well as ensuring that any preparation defined to support these activities. What we're looking for from you:
Reporting to the FC/ASW Ground Trials Manager (GTM), this engineering role is responsible for:
- Supporting the Ground Trials Manager with planning, reporting and problem solving.
- Work with the GTM to refine and gain customer acceptance of the S3 strategy.
- Helping increase preparedness to carry out Proving Strategy activities in D&M phase (e.g. trials equipment, long lead licenses, documentation, gather/apply lessons learned).
- Support the Equipment DAs and RMOs in enacting the EMC and Environmental Strategies at their level (e.g. application of robustness techniques).
- Conduct of trials activities within D&M phase (beyond Dec-24) e.g. mechanical/climatic or EMC (including liaison with design/manufacturing/facilities teams).
- Experience of working on Environmental/EMC proving trials.
- Experience of working with and applying defence standards.
- Ability to understand technical documentation.
- Ability to operate at various levels within MBDA and external agencies (UK & FR).
- Practical experience of handling equipment (Hardware/software knowledge).
- Use of trials test equipment such as equipment running boxes and telemetry ground stations
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team!
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!