Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £75,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 3 to 4 days per week on-site.The opportunity! Software Architect
Technology matters more at MBDA! Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life.
Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better.
A fantastic Software Architect opportunity has arisen to join our Software Product Lines and Capability Function in Stevenage or Bristol. This is a senior Engineering role where you will be able to showcase and develop your technical leadership abilities whilst helping to deliver game changing defence capabilities for our many customers.
You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills and share best practice across several projects across different domains within the UK software directorate.What we're looking for from you:
A practicing Software Architect or someone who is looking to take the next big jump in their career as a Software Architect.
- A strong software technical leader, comfortable with making important and influentialtechnical decisions
- Strong background with development languages such as C and C++
- Able to communicate clearly and precisely at different levels, whether that be to customers and senior leadership or to the development teams
- Proven experience teaching, mentoring, coaching in a technical capacity
- A proponent of the benefits of key software engineering practices like continuous integration and good design
- A capable negotiator, with the ability to articulate and communicate trade-offsbetween various aspects of the Software Architecture
- Knowledge of modern and established software architecture techniques and design patterns.
- An understanding of software specification languages, methods and abstraction layers
- The experience to define and influence the tools, frameworks and technologies to be used in current and future projects
- Experience with the development of software in both a safety related and security context would be an advantage, but not critical.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.