SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key sites in either Perth, Reading or Glasgow.
Salary: £49,559 - £56,757 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer (IT Test Automation) to join our Thermal IT team to help bring to life our Quality Assurance culture and help us implement DevSecOps practices.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Be a Senior Tester within the Business Unit value stream teams.
- Extend and maintain our Test automation capability and help drive out an automation culture.
- Devise Test strategies and Test plans (both automated and manual) for changing systems in IT and OT environments, with both cloud based and on premise solutions.
- Co-ordinate Infrastructure Acceptance Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Disaster Recovery testing across the IT estate.
- Run and execute test plans and co-ordinate defect management.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong knowledge of manual and automated Testing techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Azure DevOps, Selenium, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps practices (knowledge of DevSecOps practices beneficial).
- Passion for applying Quality Assurance to processes to improve the quality of output, preventing defects before they happen (Analysing and acting on trends in root cause).
- Knowledge of Lean practices with a passion for improving way of working.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.