SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Up to £62,200 / €96,000 depending on skills and experience + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Civil Engineer, youll contribute to the delivery of our Onshore Wind portfolio across Ireland, by identifying potential new opportunities and refining consented projects through to construction and into operation.
Youll also participate in life extension and repowering and decommissioning projects, giving you the opportunity to be involved in the cradle to grave engineering across a diverse portfolio of major engineering infrastructure.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Identifying and delivering key design elements and third-party interface approvals within the overall engineering strategy for the project.
- Interpreting project objectives and requirements to develop the most appropriate techno-commercial design solution and technology choice.
- Managing 3rd parties, ensuring the effective delivery of specific engineering and design works required within the package, and for the quality management and verification of their work and outcomes.
- Identifying technology and design risk, ensuring appropriate mitigations are developed and implemented in line with the overall project risk appetite.
- Liaising with the Civil Technical Authority to ensure independent expert opinion is considered and approval gained across design reviews, key decisions, and risk reviews.
- Preparing project technical documentation and contract works information for the package.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would have a preference for you to have:
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil Engineering.
- A background in onshore wind or the ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and experience of large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the preparation of contract specifications and works information.
- The drive and initiative to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis within a demanding environment.
Although office based you will be required to travel as and when is required by the work being undertaken. This may include periods of continuous site-based working during the construction of projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.