AWE is currently recruiting for a Training Manager
Location - Basingstoke/Reading
Package - £43,310 - £68,450 dependant on skills and experience plus allowances
Closing date for this role is 12th December 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Develop in-depth understanding of the evolving competence / skill / learning requirements driven by the current and future programme needs in the allocated business area and/or for large programmes/ projects.
- Manage the effective delivery of specialist technical training within business area.
- Coordinate resources and assets to ensure the timely development and delivery of required training.
- Undertake training needs analysis in line with company procedure to understand the most appropriate ways to meet these programme requirements.
- Design, develop and where required, deliver training courses and programmes in line with company procedures, ensuring training methods are modern and up to date with latest industry best practice and relevant legislation.
- Report on the training and competence levels of employees, and work with resource providers to ensure staff with the right skill base / aptitudes enter our training programmes.
- Work closely with relevant areas of HR and other relevant stakeholders to identify and utilise common training activities and ensure compliance with relevant Licence Conditions and company standards, procedures and governance.
- Establish and report upon metrics that measure the performance and success of ongoing training programs. Identify points of improvement and develop solutions that improve the effectiveness of training programs.
- Ensure training courses are loaded into Company training management system and course content is kept up to date with any changes.
- Evaluate external training suppliers alongside HR for specialist training that cannot be delivered in house ensuring value for money, manage training forecast and in year budget, prepare business cases for additional training need.
- Provide assessment capability to enable Continuous Professional Development of staff to external bodies and develop competence. Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Responsible for the deliverables of the training programme within the business area.
- Create training and development plans that address programme needs and expectations.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods as determined by training needs analysis.
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions as required.
- Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them, ensuring that training interventions are cost effective and deliver value for money. Audit external training providers to determine effectiveness.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary.
- Maintain a keen understanding and awareness of company training procedures, training developments and best practices.
- Maintain close links with relevant HR teams to ensure close alignment to company-wide developments linked to training and competence.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role.