Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to make their mark on an exciting and well varied range of products for a multitude of applications spanning a whole host of industries and sectors.
This person will have a passion for their craft and can provide evidence of having a strong track record in producing customer-compliant, full product design solutions.
This role is a key player in supporting the definition of the complete engineering mechanical solution, bring together the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines - including hardware, software, safety, and manufacturing.
The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and make a difference.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Proven technical delivery in product developments.
- Ability to represent mechanical engineering in various forums.
- Responsible for the specification compliance of mechanical designs.
- Proficient user of 3D CAD/CAM/CAE solid modelling software
- Proven thermal analysis experience.
- Track record of performing stress / modal analysis investigations.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments
- Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Good, methodical problem-solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills with that ability to tailor communications to a range of audiences.
- Has the ability to work with Customers to develop technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development.
- Track record in designing products to reliably operate in harsh environments and challenging conditions.
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Must be eligible for UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level
- Fluid mechanics / thermodynamics / heat transfer.
- Experience working in Defence, Aviation and/or Aerospace sectors.
- Experience managing design and analysis sub-contracts
- Materials experience beyond eg. Plastics/mouldings
- Familiar with Creo Elements 3D CAD/CAM/CAE solid modelling software
- BEng/BSc in Mechanical Engineering (minimum) - or equivalent.
The role will involve working on numerous programmes with urgent demands, for example:
- Design, development and test of products and services
- Supporting bids/proposals and quotes
- Supporting improvement initiatives within the function
With sites around the country, travel will be an essential requirement. However, just as important will be the ability to work effectively from your home site with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
Flexible Benefits scheme.
Discretionary Bonus scheme.
Enhanced family friendly policies.
37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a 'Hybrid Working Model'*
Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.