MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: £39,123What we can offer you:
Shift work/ Shift patterns
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- · Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Mon - Fri on site (flexi start and finish)The Opportunity
We are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Operator to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team to service Mechanical Equipment. This will involve working on Process and Plant equipment, Nitrogen Systems, Environmental Chambers, high and low pressure systems. The work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.What we're looking for
Here's what's in it for you
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3
- Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
- Minimum further education requirement:
- City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of plant and process equipment.
- Be competent in following manufacturer's instructions on preventative and routine maintenance requirements.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of defect investigations and fault diagnosis.
- Familiarity with vacuum systems, temperature cycling systems and dew-point testing would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of SAP would be desirable.
- Experience of operating low- and high-pressure air processing and test facilities (including bottled gas systems).
- Experience of working on Environmental Chambers an advantage.
- Working in a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve.
- Excellent development opportunities.
- On the job training and yearly development reviews.
- Working in a multi discipline team to support the Operations team.
- Initial calibration, routine calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment.
- Ensure that both factory and proprietary test and measuring equipment is maintained in line with current procedures.
- Carry out calibration and repair tasks in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.