MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 to £70,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- (Level 5) Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- (Levels 1-4) Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- (Levels 1-4) Paid overtime
- (Levels 1-4) Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4 to 5 days per week on-site.The opportunity! Senior/Lead Software Engineers
Technology matters more at MBDA. Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life!
Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better. Join us as an Embedded Software Engineer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
We're always looking for experienced software engineering professionals who would love to join us in Mission Planning & Control as part of a dynamic team to develop and deliver innovative solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies.
We're a wonderful place to learn. You'll be supported to hone your skills across the full development lifecycle - working with unique technologies to support some of the world's most advanced defence systems!What we're looking for from you:
We look for our staff to have some experience in these areas;
- Working within teams and ability to operate autonomously
- Able to work across the software development activities from requirements to testing
- Evidence of self-development
- Comfortable working with a variety of programming languages
- Knowledge of agile and adaptive software development practices.
- Writing code with test-driven development
- Familiarity with architectural and design patterns
Experience in one or some or any of the following areas desirable;
- C#, C++ or Java
- Agile development teams
- Windows and/or Linux administration
- DevOps practices
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.