MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 to £75,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- (Level 5) Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- (Levels 1-4) Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- (Levels 1-4) Paid overtime
- (Levels 1-4) Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 3-5 days per week on-site (depending on the role).The opportunity!Join us as a Software Engineer (in Test Solutions) and take our technology and your career into new territories!
Test Software UK work to deliver the MBDA UK test capability in partnership with our colleagues in Electronic Design, the Test Centre of Excellence and other areas of Software Engineering.
Our mission as a function is to facilitate robust and timely test of missile systems and ensure MBDA continues to provide a decisive military capability for our home nations and their allies.
Spanning a diverse portfolio of work packages, Test Software UK directly influences the company's product certification, manufacturing output and support activities. Specifically, Test Software UK are responsible for developing and supporting software packages that utilise Test Equipment hardware to configure, verify and validate the conformance and quality of our MBDA UK product range from development, through production and into field test scenarios.
It is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team specialising in all aspects of test solution design, including software, hardware, simulation and real-time systems. It is great a place to learn about the company's entire product portfolio, whilst embracing the change to DevOps and other innovative technologies!What we're looking for from you:
A software engineer or electronics engineer with transferable talent into software development for test solutions:
- Strong ability to write software in languages such as C, C++, C# or ADA and motivated to develop reliable, high performance, standardised, and documented software
- Excellent analytical and design ability, including review and critical analysis
- ‘Can do' and flexible approach - you'll enjoy solving technical problems that sometimes extend beyond the bounds of "software"
- Keen to work on novel products where the software you produce is time and mission critical
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, including Systems Engineering, Electronics and Electrical, and Test and Validation
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.