Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £75,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2 to 3 days per week on-site.The opportunity!Software Group Lead (Product Lines, Architectures and Solutions)
Would you like to head up a group of talented and specialist engineers helping to deliver some of the worlds most sophisticated defence systems?
This is an opportunity to craft, support and grow teams of specialist software engineers to support to a number of in-service and future products, and to further develop the capability to architect high integrity software solutions.
You'll be leading a team of multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and passionate engineers who deliver specialist expertise across our whole portfolio of products. It's a great place to learn about the company's entire product range within a team that is embracing innovative technologies.
This team is part of an international capability group, whose mission is to improve our competitiveness through knowledge sharing and continuous improvement activities.
Key aspects to this role are:
What we're looking for from you:
- Ensure excellence is provided by the Architects, Safety, Security and Independent Verification teams by effective deployment of these critical resources.
- Supporting and growing a team of dedicated and specialised engineers
- To further develop the capability of your team through continuous improvement
- Deliver the international Software Engineering knowledge strategy and draw out conclusions for improvement and competitive gains.
- Provision of Product Line governance by management and oversight of the investment into existing and proposed Product Lines and Tools
- In Software Engineering at MBDA you will find:
- Engineering is at heart of our business; there is opportunity to both develop your core leadership skills, and gain a wider appreciation of sophisticated software systems.
- Working alongside a multi-disciplined engineering team, you will be a key part of a supportive and growing software engineering team as your career expands with us.
- We are committed to upskilling people through both formal training and practical experience.
- An inspiring leader who values the benefits of coaching and mentoring, your teams of engineers are responsible for delivery of a really high quality products into complex overall programmes, where the software is a crucial element.
- Can articulate the benefits of key software quality practices
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team
- Ideally you will have a background in developing, delivering and supporting software in a high integrity environment; some knowledge of the additional complexities of developing software that is a part of a bigger product which is itself evolving at the same time.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.