MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £48,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2 to 3 days on site per week typicallyThe opportunity:
The main purpose of the transformation officer will be to support the delivery of a complex transformation programme. The department is called transformation & Improvement (T&I). The transformation programme you would be assigned to is Factory of the Future (FoF). FoF aims to position MBDA at the forefront of operational excellence and continue to serve our customers, partners and people to the highest level of quality and performance by taking advantage of new digital tools and techniques in a future where everything is connected, flexible and intelligent. It needs a transformation officer to provide project management capabilities to supporting the effective deliver of this programme of work which is made of a number of projects at various stages of maturity. The ideal candidate will be able to manage in a variety of project activities concurrently ranging from delivering consolidated reporting of project progress to independently running project work streams. You would report to the head of the transformation project.
Key responsibilities will include:
What we're looking for from you:
- Planning, facilitating and providing support to the assigned transformation programme to schedule, cost and quality.
- Manage work package deliverables and report progress effectively into programme performance governance.
- Follow Functional Excellence advised project management tools and methods to deliver work packages with a level of standard T&I consistency and performance.
- Actively participate in T&I programme meetings to support Functional Excellence.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors.
- Preparation of accurate progress reporting against all aspects of project performance.
- Supporting the preparation and maintenance of project risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
- Communicating consolidated project/programme requirements to a multi-disciplined team to safeguard product delivery.
- Establish close working relationship with all T&I programmesto ensure collaboration across the directorate.
- Experienced and ambitious with a proven track record of leading / participating in change initiatives.
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience participating in multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- High level of interpersonal, stakeholder management and communication skills, tailored at all working levels
- Team Player, thrives in dynamic team working environment managing multiple stakeholder needs.
- Ability to manage people directly or through influence.
- Experience of managing and controlling a work packages to OTOCOQ measures of performance.
- Able to adapt to meet the needs / contribute to the successful delivery of differing T&I projects.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day project work package execution.
- International experience is desirable.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally. Will require overnight stays.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.