General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we are leading the way in avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of several projects within the GD Missions Systems and C4I area and is likely to include leading competitive and non-competitive bids for similar work. You will also be accountable for programme budgetary control and effective risk management.
In this Project Manager role, you can expect to:
- Manage the project and engineering teams to ensure all project and contractual deliverables are delivered to schedule, budget and quality constraints
- Dependency management, including outsourced products
- Change management - identifying change and raising change
- Establish and develop key stakeholder relationships (Customer, User, Partner, Supplier), clearly communicating project performance and status
- Manage and lead all programme subcontracts, as required, ensuring delivery is in line with programme needs (budget, schedule and quality)
To apply for this role, individuals should have varied experience of working in a project environment with a history of working on multiple types of projects (e.g. Manufacturing, design and development) with multiple stakeholders and show a positive attitude towards problem-solving. You'll also require:
- Project/programme management experience and In depth knowledge of project management techniques including project planning, project control, change management, performance reporting, cost control (EVM) and risk & opportunity management (inc SRA)
- Experience working within and contributing to highly collaborative multi-disciplined teams
- Experience of delivering projects/programmes using Agile methodologies (e.g SAFe) is desirable but not essential
- Customer facing experience coupled with excellent communication skills,
- Project Management qualification desirable (E.g. APMP, APQ)
This flexible hybrid role comes with an attractive salary of £50,000 to £62,500 and benefits package.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours - which means every other Friday off.
- A personalized career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company.
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded with flexible benefits
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email email@example.com if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme. For more information on the Disability confident scheme in General Dynamics click here.
All successful/appointed applicants must be able to obtain a level of UK Security clearance that is appropriate for the role and undertake suitable Right to work checks.