MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: £39,123What we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
5 days on siteThe opportunity:
We are seeking a Mechanical Inspector to work as part of our Manufacturing Operations Team. You will be responsible for all elements necessary to achieve and maintain the quality of deliverable hardware, working at our state of the art facility in Bolton.
The role involves:
What we're looking for from you:
- Certifying product in line with MBDA's product certification process
- Ensuring that completed Assemblies, Sub-Assemblies or items are in accordance with the drawing requirements and specifications;
- Ensuring that any equipment used for certification is within its calibration cycle and that any malfunction is reported to the local Team Leader;
- Ensuring that all the appropriate documentation received is complete and carries the necessary certifications;
- Ensuring that amendments to Route Cards have been actioned accurately and authorised;
- Ensuring a reconciliation of quantity submitted with the quantity specified on the Route Card;
- Ensuring all applicable Production Permits or Concessions are fully authorised and documented on the manufacturing documentation;
- Ensuring that Modification Statements and required Strike Actions are correctly endorsed on hardware, despatch documentation and Service Log Books (where applicable);
- Checking that the items submitted for inspection are free from damage and that toteage or transit packaging is clean and provides suitable protection.
- Controlling defect items through segregation from good product via MBDA's non-conformance process
- Ensuring Inspection Unit Production Costs are met
- Maintaining product certification and approval via regular audits
- Maintaining, to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintaining a good housekeeping policy and safe working environment
- Mandatory requirement for a formal technical engineering or craft apprenticeship in Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
- Minimum further education requirement:
- City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or
- Proven and demonstrable experience as a skilled person
- IPC 610 certified/trained preferred
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.