About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £63,000 - £94,400 + car allowance + performance related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As an Information Management Application Support Manager reporting to the Head of IM, your role will be to Manage the Application Support Service team, working with Key Business stakeholders to understand the Strategy for each of our key services as well as with Group colleagues to ensure we are providing the highest standards and best solutions to any IM Technology requirements across the Renewables business. You will advise and guide on best practices on IM Technologies, with a pragmatic blend of acceptable risk, long term operability, and cost effectiveness. You will be given a remit around creating a future roadmap for Information Management Technology for our growing business including International onboarding. You will be responsible for:
- Manage the Application Support Service teams, a hybrid team with internal and external resources, ensuring operational excellence and resourcing and cost efficiencies. This team currently delivers Application Support across a wide range of IM technologies: PI, Maximo, GIS, Assai, etc.
- Streamline current workflows across the Renewables business, ensuring a fit-for-purpose approach and technology. Propose new initiatives and strategically align with other areas of the IT organisation
- The creation of, or contribution to, the necessary design activities to support proof of values initiatives through to productionised business critical applications. This will include considerations for all the Operational and Project requirements such as process, security, data flows and integration.
- Provide support to the Head of IM on strategy, roadmap, risk and budget management. Being accountable for the team resourcing and cost model to deliver on time, and on budget.
- Understanding business strategy within the context of their risk appetite, change readiness, process maturity, challenges and impediments, and capability gaps.
- Being adaptable to working within a delivery context regardless of the delivery method and driver, and embrace working towards an outcome. Collaboration is key, as is taking accountability for your deliverables and with any interfaces into centralised IT teams.
- Understanding technology trends and the practical application of emerging technologies to enable new opportunities and/or to evolve existing services and capabilities.
What do I need?
- Extensive experience working in IT working closely with business teams, preferably managing a team of specialists
- Broad technical knowledge is preferred over specific specialism. Wide Application Support knowledge including products like PI, Maximo, GIS (ESRI Arc suite, FME, etc), SharePoint, Assai, and others.
- In-depth knowledge of data workflows, interoperability of applications, integration and migration to cloud
- Experience in automation, data visualisation and reporting tools and application development using industry standard applications such as PowerApps, PowerAutomate. Preferably having knowledge on programming languages such as Python, C#, etc.
- Ability to understand complex business problems and to arrange their resolution such that any dependencies and impacts on the outcome are contextually described.
- Business stakeholder engagement, service mindset and solution-driven approach. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be willing to take on accountability and deliver against it, regardless of the outcome and in with that goal, be pragmatic, not process driven.
- Must be a personable team player willing to play any role in delivering an outcome and be willing to challenge the status quo in an appropriate and grounded manner.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.