Control Systems - Graduate ProgrammeMBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: £30,000 plus a £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Monday 22nd January.What we can offer you:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
The team operates a flexible working model allowing you to work at home where it is possible, however the nature of the job we will often require you to be onsite to access specific facilities and resourcesThe Opportunity
The Mechanical Engineering department develops physical solutions from concept through development and certification to production on missiles and weapon systems. The nature of complex weapons and the environments they operate in present an extensive scope of unique and interesting mechanical engineering challenges.
Within the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence, the Servo Design team specialise in the design and proving of control algorithms and resulting system performance. We are looking for a graduate to join this dynamic team, ensuring the delivery of Actuation Systems products meets the requirements of our Customers.
The Servo Design Team work collaboratively within a multi-functional team to design, develop and prove control algorithms for Actuation Systems products. Responsibilities include:-
- Development of control algorithms in applications typically for the control of electro-mechanical systems.
- Modelling of the Actuation System within the Matlab and Simulink environment for the purposes of performance analysis.
- Design and implementation of proving trials and subsequent data analysis to validate overall system performance with respect to design requirements.
- Support the system architecture definition and interact with various design fields ensuring the needs of the control system design are met.
As a graduate within the team you will have the opportunity to experience multiple placements within the Actuation Systems CofEx as well as the wider Mechanical Engineering department.
The multi-functional nature of Actuation Systems design provides the opportunity to engage with various design communities beyond your educational background. It provides variety in your day to day work and long term provides a wider knowledge base, opening further career opportunities.
You will experience development across the full product lifecycle with opportunities ranging from paper based concept or technology studies through to product qualification and full scale manufacturing. The breadth of experience available will support any future career development aspirations.
The role is more than just theory. You will regularly engage in trials activities to prove that your designs meet and exceed customer requirements. What we're looking for from you
- Degree qualified in a science or engineering subject area such as Control Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering (minimum 2:2)
- You'll need to be comfortable communicating technical information to both a technical and non-technical audience through a range of methods including written reports and virtual / in-person meetings.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Due to the nature of our work, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.