MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
(dependent on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working- typical pattern is 3-4 days on site per week due to high classification work.The opportunity:
This is a role in the Low Observability team within the Sparkworks UK area; our team has a track-record of developing and proving new capability in Stealth, including conventional and novel techniques.
We're looking for someone who brings a technical or scientific background to lead small to medium scale R&D programmes in the Low Observability domain. You would be joining a multidisciplinary team which engages across many areas of missile design in both research and mainstream project work, looking to find the next step-change idea, or develop existing ideas into a realised capability.
Day to day working would encompass the full spectrum of an R&D programme; defining customer requirements, forming technical proposals for commercial bids, interfacing with partners, co-ordinating multiple areas of the business to ensure programmes are delivered on-time and on cost. This project leadership is then combined with technical work to help progress the programme, which can be anything from concept design to RF laboratory measurements, depending on needs of the programme.
Familiarity with Radar Cross Section (RCS) design and techniques is considered a bonus, although we have often trained people into the role who bring a positive attitude and the right technical strengths.What we're looking for from you:
An experienced engineer or scientist with the following attributes:
- A degree in physical sciences, electronics or communications engineering, or similar; advantageous to have higher degree (masters / PhD) in the same area but not required.
- Ideally you have prior experience in one or more of the following areas: project leadership, bidding and commercial process, budget management, project management (e.g. Gantt charts and planning), people management and experience with platform survivability or RF stealth. We will consider anyone able to show an academic or industrial foundation that serves as a good basis for developing in these areas.
- Any hands-on practical / laboratory skills would be a bonus; there are opportunities to assist or lead on RF characterisation measurements in our Bristol test facility.
- A top top-level appreciation of how Missile Survivability, Low Observability and RCS Design are interlinked.
- Proven delivery of technical work packages and projects with successful technical work delivered both individually and as part of a team.
- A commitment to continuing professional development would be a welcome attribute, both personally and in mentoring others. Interest in/holding Chartered Engineer / Scientist and professional membership also welcomed.
- As a bonus, experience in leading or undertaking Systems Engineering studies would be advantageous.
For this role, candidates must be willing to undertake the DV (Developed Vetting) security clearance process.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team!
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!