RF Systems Engineer - Graduate ProgrammeMBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: £30,000 starting salary plus £3000 joining bonus.Closing date for this role is midnight on Monday 22nd January.What we can offer you:
- 2 year programme starting September 2024
- Company bonus and twice yearly salary reviews
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase) and up to 15 days flexi leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working
This role typically allows a blend of on-site and at-home working to suit the needs of the role and the individual. You will have support from the whole team both virtually and in person, as well as access to our range of high-tech lab equipment. There are opportunities to collaborate with both MBDA colleagues, and suppliers across the UK and Europe.The Opportunity
This role involves the system level design of Radio Frequency (RF) based missile communication systems. The Data Link Systems department is responsible for the performance of the RF communications links between our missiles and the platforms they are launched from, whether air, sea or land. Robust data links are really important to MBDA's customers as they are a key part of ensuring precise targeting is achieved across a broad range of scenarios.
As an RF Systems Engineer in our team, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of products, each presenting different technical challenges. We cover the whole product life cycle, from R&D in communication technologies, system concepting and design through to product test and verification where our communications systems are proven to work reliably in the most demanding of environments. We also perform waveform and protocol design. You'll have the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of technical work, including:
- Software Defined Radio
- RF waveform and protocol design
- Antenna design and electromagnetic modelling
- RF propagation studies and propagation modelling
- Electronic Warfare
You'll be part of a team of committed and collaborative individuals, where team events and socials help to build stronger relationships. Our approachable team are on hand to offer support to help you get the most out of your role - collaboration and innovation are not just buzz words here! Because of the nature of the work we do, you'll also get to work with other departments across the wider technical community, as well as external customers and suppliers.What are the benefits for you?
What we're looking for from you
- Excellent opportunities for personal development
- Access to a vast array of training and opportunities to learn directly from experts in the field
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to influence the direction of technologies and projects
- Experience products at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Diverse range of roles available creating varied and stimulating work
- Degree qualifiedin an Engineering (incl. Mechanical, Manufacturing/Production, Aeronautical/Aerospace, Bio/Biomedical, Electrical/Electronic, Chemical/Energy), Technology, Computing or relative Science discipline (minimum 2:2).
- We are looking for candidates completing a STEM degree, who have a genuine interest in RF technologies, and would like to build their RF system knowledge with MBDA's Data Link Systems team.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Due to the nature of our work, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.