MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
up to £52,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
A new role has been created to provide Customer support and continuation training for an Export Customer within the Storm Shadow team for someone with or able to train and develop competence with the required skills to fully support Mission Planning (MP). The role would ideally suit someone from a Fast Jet (Navigator) or Intelligence / Planning background but full training will be given for the selected individual to ensure they are trained and experienced before being deployed with the Customer.Once trained, the Field Support Engineer will be deployed to and undertake activities at a customer site in the Middle East
. The length of deployment could be prolonged and applicants should consider the implications before applying. This is a new post and the selected individual will initially undertake a period of training at MBDA Filton (length depending on prior experience and development progression) and therefore be able to attend site daily.What are we looking for?
- You need to be a practical ‘hands on' engineer willing to work routinely with the Missile Systems (Storm Shadow) project, but also alongside the UK MoD and become embedded with an Export Customer.
- Knowledge and experience of the systems engineering process
- Flexibility and the commitment to deploy to an export location and maintain customer satisfaction for support to Mission Planning.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills as you will need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people while maintaining a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Be flexible and adaptable in your work, with the capacity to gain competencies in (and support) Mission Planning.
- Deliver, or assist in the delivery of Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost including responding to technical queries from the Customer.
- Having experience and a working knowledge of the Fast Jet / Air Defence environment (Ex-Fast Jet aircrew) would be advantageous but is not essential.
- An ability to mentor others and lead training courses, as appropriate.
- Day to day (Initial Training - (UK) Bristol)
- Learn and Develop competence in MP practices and procedures.
- Maintain IT skills required with software development experience being desirable
- Testing, fault finding and reporting of software based systems
- Day to day - Deployed (Overseas with Customer):
- Maintain currency in MP practices and procedures.
- Provision of advice and support to overseas customers regarding the use of MP systems and tools.
- Establish and maintain good relations and communication with the Bristol based Support Team.
- The handling of queries and investigations into perceived problems with the use of MP systems & equipment with support from the UK engineering development team.
- The delivery of formal and on the job training to students.
- To assist with the product development at an engineering level (if required - feeding back from deployed location to UK).
- Sensitivity and awareness of customer culture to permit successful interactions.
- Management of Technical Publications, attendance at relevant meetings and completion of reporting from within in country.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team!
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!