SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Havant.
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Enterprise recognise that Power Platform is rapidly becoming the gold standard for citizen development and decentralised analytics. As such we want to augment our Agile Delivery team with an additional skilled resource to further aid the business in realising the benefits and potential of this technology.
As PowerApps Developer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering PowerApps and Dataverse solutions as part of the company's Power Platform environment. You will work within an Agile Framework to deliver apps to the business across multiple Value Streams, ensuring alignment with business needs and objectives.
This role sits within the Enterprise Agile Delivery team within SSE Enterprise, and is responsible for supporting the accelerating growth of SSE Enterprise and implementing Power Platform solutions to facilitate this goal.
- Engage with stakeholders to scope, plan, estimate, develop and implement solutions, enhancements and upgrades within, and supported by, the Microsoft Power Platform, delivering required business outcomes with minimal rework. Ensure that any 3rd Party engagement is managed according to documented processes.
- Support, configure and maintain Microsoft Power Platform solutions in accordance with the documented Enterprise Agile Delivery development and support processes.
- Deliver day-to-day management of the Microsoft Power platform in line with SSE Enterprise's process requirements.
- Develop, maintain and manage Knowledge Bases within the Microsoft Power platform.
- Comply with all Demand and Development KPIs and OLAs.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in PowerApps development, including experience with Dataverse, Canvas Apps and Model-Driven Apps, PowerBI reports and dashboards, manipulating and shaping data with PowerQuery.
- Experience with Agile Frameworks, particularly Scrum, and demonstrated ability to work within an Agile team. Experience with managing sprints and backlogs with Azure DevOps or similar tools. Experience with source control management (e.g. VSTS, Git).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with business stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of data management and governance best practices.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.