Early Careers Team Leader
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £45,110 - £55,000 dependent on experience and suitability to the role)
Closing date: 18th December 2023
To provide care and oversight of Quality graduates and apprentices, to ensure their welfare, and placements are organised to ensure sufficient knowledge, skills and experience are gained to satisfy the applicable scheme requirements.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work).
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services.
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution).
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending.
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
- Developing and maintaining a series of placements within the quality function to ensure the opportunities to gain the knowledge, skills and experience required of the relevant training scheme are provided.
- Maintaining communication between the company and the technical instructors, and apprentice academy management.
- Being the quality function point of contact with the relevant apprenticeship academic providers and Evolve graduate scheme team.
- Work with the relevant quality area to ensure the workplace placements are planned, organised and effective.
- Work with the training providers and Evolve graduate scheme team to ensure the scheme requirements are understood and satisfied to effect positive outcomes for quality apprentices and graduates;
- Be highly visible to and maintain regular communication with the quality graduates and apprentices.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely communications and escalations where necessary.
- To maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
- The company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.