Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £63,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as 3 days on-site, 2 days working from homeThe opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen in the Information Management Network Team for a Network Specialist who will bring enthusiasm and dynamism to our team. You will be competent in Network Architecture / Design to ensure that our Network Infrastructure is compliant with MoD mandates / best practices. Internal and European travel will be required as part of the role.
Note: The candidate must be able to hold a Security Clearance level of DV (mandatory for the position) if not already cleared to that level.What are we looking for from you?
Here's what's in it for you
- Minimum of Cisco CCDP / CCDA or equivalent certification / experience: Current certification desirable, but lapsed certification considered.
- Experience of working with multi-classification Network environments is preferred.
- Previous Aerospace sector experience is desirable.
- Experience of Network Cryptography is desirable.
The IT sector is constantly evolving to keep pace with both technology and threat, therefore new solutions or changes to the current environment are required on a continual basis. You will be required to evaluate potential new solutions / options as they arise, and to review the current solutions / infrastructure with view to improvement.
Training on new platforms will be provided as they are introduced (for familiarity), and you will be encouraged to keep your skills / certifications up to date.The Role
Join a great team!
- Team lead for the IM Network Operations Team
- Working closely with the Network Solutions team to review and recommend changes / improvements to the Network Infrastructure in accordance with MoD mandated / best practices.
- Lead or assist with examination of non-standard or project requirements from: end customers, internal product-facing teams, IT colleagues, support / outsourcing partners and others.
- Manage and own specific project lifecycles from instigation to operational handover.
- To assist with management of 3rd party suppliers and their delivery of solutions and services across MBDA (UK).
- Review and Approval of Project Documentation.
- Liaison with colleagues and support partners to form IT architecture.
- Support to project management colleagues in providing specialist technical input and consultancy for project activities.
- Creation of documentation and presentation materials in support of business activities.
- Close cooperation with the Security Operating Centre and Information Security teams to ensure the highest standards of secure design.
The Greater MBDA Network Group comprises of UK, France, Germany and Italy. Although the team you are joining is UK based, you may also need to work with various team members of different Nationality, depending on the specific project / solution. All speak excellent English.
Our team provides Network services into the MBDA business where we have a constant stream of projects from upgrades through to totally new solutions that you will take part in.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.