About the Role
Base Location: Slough, Reading, West London
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + car / cash allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for an Electrical Designer to join our team!
As part of this role you'll be responsible for providing high levels of customer contact on a regular basis, delivering both formal & budget quotations for multiple domestic and commercial supplies.
You'll strive to meet and exceed all objectives placed on our teams, covering elements such as regulatory standard and customer expectations regarding safety, quality, service and timescales.
Your projects will be varied, and could involve, Low Voltage and High Voltage connections to the distribution network, all allowing you great exposure to our business and industry.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing connection offers to our distribution network to our customers.
- Assessment of Low voltage and High Voltage networks in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Asses and Design of new connections, increase in capacities and diversions of equipment.
- High levels of customer service and interaction.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- To be successful in this role you'll be comfortable working with electrical designs and producing work to a high degree of accuracy and quality to deadlines.
- A good understanding of electricity distribution, Power Systems and the regulated industry would be highly beneficial.
- You'll be able to deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of stakeholders both external and internal.
- In addition, you'll have a good level of IT literacy, including Microsoft services, with a knack for picking up new systems; knowledge of PROMIS, WinDEBUT and EO packages would be advantageous although training would be given to the right individual.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger - an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.