MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 - £50,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking ( and gym on site at Stevenage )
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you would need to be onsite 3 days per week and the remainder home working. Some visits to external suppliers and other MBDA sites is likely to be required.The opportunity:
We have an opportunity for an experienced aerospace Fuel Systems engineer to join our dynamic team on fast paced and exciting projects. Our team delivers fuel system design solutions, requirements and proving across a range of defence projects.
This role will focus on fluid mechanical equipment within the fuel system, and the development of 1-d Fluid models for the fuel system in support of a number for assessment and development programmes. The tasks can include feasibility studies, system specification and design, trade-off studies, liaison with suppliers, and development of modelling techniques. Our team engages with the missile architects and propulsion engineers to develop the best fuel system for the application.
Working in a small and enthusiastic team on a range of world class projects you'll have a chance to establish the way that fuel systems modelling will be used in future projects.What we're looking for from you:
- An appropriate Degree or Masters e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or industry experience
- Knowledge of fluid-mechanical design for fluid system components
- A working knowledge of at least one fluid system modelling tool, such as Amesim or Flomaster or SimScape.
- An ability to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with, influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business
- Positive collaborative behaviours and be a team player
- Knowledge of airframe or aircraft engine fuel systems
- Knowledge of Jet Fuels
- Be driven and capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Have the ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
- Have a good understanding of, and good working experience in, all phases of the engineering life cycle
- Knowledge of propulsion systems is an advantage
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.