MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £43,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site in Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home occasionally as part of dynamic working arrangements.
We are seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team. The main aspects of the role are the repair & configuration control of Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE) and leading the commissioning of new STTE. Repairs are conducted using technical data such as drawings, circuit diagrams, schematics, user manuals, etc, with fault finding performed down to component level on electronic and electrical test equipment. No day is the same and the work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.
As a team we are self-motivated and work directly with support functions and engineers across MBDA to resolve routine and non-routine tasks arising within the business.
You will be working within an experienced team of Engineers supporting complex test platforms in the manufacture and test of complex missile systems. You will be trained to support STTE using a range of techniques and technologies, working on a variety of test systems such as DIO, AIO, RF, temperature, communication systems.
You will also be trained in fundamental calibration principles to provide technical support to our Operations team during routine calibrations of COTS test equipment and STTE. Annual reviews are conducted to assess and plan any future development opportunities. Teamwork and knowledge sharing is an essential part of the team ethos as is the understanding of workload and throughput achievements.What we're looking for from you:
- Minimum qualification: HNC in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Experience and knowledge in fault finding down to component level required.
- Able to utilise instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications to provide technical advice/guidance. Able to use this information to conduct appropriate measurements down to component level.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Analytical approach and good problem solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge in calibration principles and processes desirable.
- Experience and knowledge in using RF test equipment desirable.
- Able to mentor other or more junior staff when requested by line manager.
- A good understanding of SAP would be desirable.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.