Do you have extensive EHV Network Planning experience? Are you motivated to help the North West achieve net zero? Electricity North West is looking for a full-time Senior Planning Engineer.
The role comes with the chance to develop your technical and leadership skills in a thriving team of EHV planners. Your skills will be nurtured, and you hard work and enthusiasm will be rewarded with an industry leading salary and benefits package.
As a Senior Planning Engineer, you will be responsible for the monitoring and performance of a team of highly specialist distribution power systems engineers and consultancy staff. You will ensure the DSO meets its relevant network planning commitments, including assessment of new demand and generation connections, asset replacement plans, complying with all relevant policies and standards, and developing those solutions as appropriate, including all relevant technical and compliance assessments.
Opportunities within the team for the Senior Planning Engineer role include:
- To challenge, develop and influence EHV network design practices
- Implement ENA ER G99 and G5 studies on accepted schemes
- Input into and influence the development of the NGET/NGESO transmission interface
- Ensuring compliance with our CuSC obligations and preparing submissions to NGESO
- Influence heatmaps production including ensuring the technical analysis is completed
- Oversee the calculation of network losses and ensuring compliance
- Provide a key service into ensuring the delivery of RIIO-ED2 projects, technical justifications using power system studies
- Lead the team in the production of EHV technical assessments and technical reports for demand and generation connections
- Develop and prepare technical proposals for the strategic reinforcement of the electrical network, optimising the release of new capacity to align with the forecast needs of ENWL’s stakeholders and customers
- Input into the Active Network Management development and rollout
- Influence local and national network planning policies and codes of practice.
To apply for this Senior Planning Engineer role, you will need a degree-level qualification in Electrical Engineering. You will also require:
- An excellent understanding of the UK power system distribution network across all voltages
- Thorough technical knowledge of electrical network components, network operation and network modelling preferably using IPSA, PSSE, Dig Silent, DINIS or similar.
- Operational policy, network design standards, Codes of Practice and Engineering Specifications
- Solid leadership skills including the ability to negotiate, influence and motivate.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the electricity distribution business, specifically an understanding of regulatory and industry standards within electricity distribution.
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you'll receive a generous salary and benefits package and join a welcoming and inclusive culture. We are committed to ensuring our people are supported and are proud of our excellent reward and benefits offer, which includes:
- An annual bonus scheme
- Twenty-six days annual leave increasing with length of service
- An employee rewards portal offering discounts on several well-known brands
- A market-leading contributory pension scheme (up to 14% employer contribution with a 7% employee contribution)
- Agile Working arrangements
- Employee assistance programme and opportunity for professional development through our L&D function.
We'd love you to apply for this full-time Senior Planning Engineer position in Salford, and we're waiting to hear from you. Please contact Electricity North West today.
We’re champions of the North West, and we’re proud that our electricity network connects communities and helps keep the electricity flowing every minute of every day, from when you wake up to when you fall asleep and all the hours in between. A key part of the UK’s journey to net zero carbon is the revolution of our electricity industry, and as the region's network operator, it’s our responsibility to lead the way, help the North West to decarbonise and pave the way for the growth of renewable energy. Together we have the energy to transform our communities. We are switched on. We are adaptable. We take pride.