PLC Control Engineer
Who are we?
We are United Utilities, the North West’s water and wastewater company. It’s our job to bring 3.0 million households and thousands of businesses an incredible 1,700 million litres of clean, clear water each day. We take it all away too, treating it so it’s safe to go back into the rivers.
Our employees and managers are key to achieving our ambitious vision and plans and make sure the 5000 people who work hard for us everyday provide a great service to our customers. This year we are investing in our staff to help equip them with the skills they need to deliver great performance.
This is where you come in as PLC Control Engineer…
We have an exciting opportunity for a PLC Control Engineer to join us to provide Instrument, Control and Automation (ICA) maintenance and engineering support to the Water & Wastewater Production, Catchment, Drainage Area and Network teams. You will maintain security of supplies and deliver the best quality Water and Wastewater services to our customers.
This PLC Control Engineer role forms part of an excellent team providing an effective and efficient maintenance and repair service, thus ensuring the optimal availability of operational assets, whilst at the same time keeping within operational budget and quality performance parameters.
What will you focus on as PLC Control Engineer?
- To analyse faults, rectify and ensure correct operation of ICA equipment, thereby optimising the availability of wastewater assets
- To carry out a programme of planned maintenance such as the timely replacement of PLC backup batteries and PLC software
- Ensure all automation and control equipment with a software configuration or applications are securely backed up
- Ensuring the safety and quality of your own work and that provided by external contractors in the ICA field meets the required standards
- To train and assess other FSEs and Apprentices thus enhancing the overall levels of technical expertise available to the Company
- Ensure any identified critical or strategic spares are identified, maintained and available for use
What do you need?
- You will need a formal instrumentation apprenticeship or qualified to HNC/HND level in Instrumentation, Control and Automation subjects.
- Good understanding of Fieldbus and IP based communication networks and topologies
- Good understanding of the operation and programming tools for multiple programmable logic controllers (PLC) used by the company, both legacy and current framework
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation fundamentals: Diagnose and repair instrumentation and monitoring faults
- Proficient in understanding process and instrumentation diagrams
- A valid driving licence is essential
If you are excited about joining a leading FTSE100 organisation at an exciting and challenging period of change as PLC Control Engineer then we want to hear from you! We can offer great benefits, bonus and salary! APPLY now.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Safety Renewables jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer