MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to circa £43k depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
As a Senior Process Engineer within the RF Assembly manufacturing facility your focus will be to ensure that our RF products are built efficiently, with state of the art equipment and processes that you will take ownership of. Current programmes will need to be maintained whilst also introducing new products - all to time, cost and quality objectives. Keeping a finger on the pulse of emerging technologies.
You will utilise your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and implement objectives whilst working towards short-term and long-term business improvements.What we're looking for from you:
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Ensure processes and equipment contribute to a safe working environment following both company processes and legal obligations.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods to provide a robust and repeatable manufacturing system.
- Interpret CAD data and design requirements to generate machine programs/processes which meet the design intent.
- Project manage equipment procurement or upgrade from selection through to installation, commissioning and specification of maintenance requirements.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
- Drive departmental improvement in order to make a positive impact on time, cost and quality of the processes within your sphere of influence.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives run by the Quality Engineering function to investigate root cause of non-conformance and implement robust corrective actions.
- Monitor process and equipment capability to identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and tools to understand process weaknesses, mitigate issues, improve capability/capacity and reduce overall cost.
- Produce and maintain documentation such as requirement specifications, operating procedures, maintenance schedules, training records, risk assessments and FMEA's
- Build and work collaboratively with multiple departments across the business and suppliers.
- Provide support/training to operations staff and peers to enable effective use of equipment and processes.
- Ensure new products are introduced methodically to ensure they can be manufactured right first time, every time.
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture.
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- BEng in relevant Engineering or Science Degree
- Experience or a strong working knowledge of the manufacture of RF assemblies, ATV die attach / soldering, wire / ribbon bonding, gap welding, optical inspection.
- Knowledge of these processes and techniques in a manual and automated environment would be desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision both individually and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.