MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £75,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 3-4 days per week on-site, on average.The opportunity!Senior Software Verification and Validation Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Verification and Validation Engineer to be a member of the Real Time group. This is a new and fantastic position, to meet the increased business need to develop higher levels of Safety Critical Software.
You will be responsible for coordinating and ensuring delivery of Software Verification and Validation activities on safety-critical projects.
You will identify and drive process improvements to completion, mentoring software verification and validation engineers.What we're looking for from you!
We are looking for an individual with the following:
- Strong understanding of safety-critical processes and standards such as DO-178C (or other similar standards), with a history of involvement in SOI audits.
- Hands on experience in the generation associated verification plans, documentation, activities and reporting.
- Provides technical expertise to stakeholders and engineers ensuring best practice is achieved.
- Will build capability in the software verification and validation teams, identifying skill gaps, efficiencies and engaging with the Project leads.
- A strategic thinker, defining and guiding project software verification and validation strategies.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.