MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
Real Time Datalink Software supplies Datalink software into a wide range of Missiles and platforms that require a method of communicating over the air. This is a relatively new function within MBDA with plenty of scope to help define what the Software Defined Datalink does, its protocols and technical design. As well as working within the SW team you will also be expected to work closely with Firmware, Systems, Hardware and Test Engineers and respective leads.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Specialist to join our team to act as a technical lead to design and develop future datalink systems and their associated protocols. You will be at the forefront of mobile communications used within missile systems design.What we're looking for from you:
Do you have demonstrable experience or have a proactive desire to nurture your career in the following areas:
- Ability to technically lead a team of Software engineers
- Experience of mobile/satellite communications and their associated protocols
- Software Defined Radio
- Network architectures
- Communication Protocols (e.g. SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCI-Express)
- Communication systems, communication theory, digital signal processing (DSP, embedded firmware)
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as 5G NR, LTE and 802.11
- Knowledge of Mesh Networking and associated protocols e.g AODV
- Knowledge of Radio interfaces and an understanding of different modulation/ demodulation techniques.
- Software Design methodologies (e.g. UML)
- Ability to work proactively as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team
- System integration and performance analysis
- Ability to communicate at the client level in meetings and presentations
The right behaviours are important: can-do attitude, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process and quality focus.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.