MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £50,000 - £60,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2-3 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen for a multifaceted Programme Manager to lead and manage business critical manufacturing programmes in a fast paced and complex manufacturing environment.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Accomplished Programme Manager with a consistent record in the delivery of complex prototype and/or development projects.
- Substantial stakeholder management experience, interfacing and effectively influencing customers and suppliers as well as briefing to senior management level.
- Management experience leading multi-functional teams in a matrix or cross functional organisation.
- Experience of management of project scope, identifying deviations and negotiation of changes and their impact on the overall project.
- An eye for detail, able to identify risks and opportunity trends within in cost, schedule and quality data and able formulate plans in order to mitigate risk and deliver opportunities.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
- Able to construct and maintain project plans and familiar with project planning software such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
The role will provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and the chance to influence decisions at senior levels.
This role, leading the delivery of one of our most high profile products working with teams across multiple MBDA sites both in the UK and Europe, gives a fantastic opportunity to expand professional networks and make a real difference to the winder defence community.
MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects. The opportunity to gain professional accreditation via the PMI.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.