MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
Circa £60,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work on average 3 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
A great opportunity has arisen for a senior engineer to exploit their safety, reliability and system engineering skills to influence aspects of technically sophisticated and exciting products. Our team influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery which gives first-hand experience working with our military partners.
By understanding the system and its operating context, your role is about balancing time and cost constraints to ensure that a convincing safety case and/or reliability case, comprising of appropriate evidence, is constructed for the customer's satisfaction.
For safety, this will involve optimising the effort dedicated to safety assurance, balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of complex weapon systems.
For reliability, ensuring optimum effort is dedicated to progressive reliability assurance, with the goal of ensuring delivery of a lean but effective reliability programme.
You'll be working in a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of safety and reliability engineering within a company with an excellent safety culture. We have a wide range and variety of project work which will give you the opportunity to work internationally and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.What we're looking for from you:
- Detailed understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis and safety evaluation processes integrate with the system engineering process
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, FMECA, reliability prediction, etc).
- Fully appreciates that reliability is not just a number, and has experience of reliability planning, analysis and testing during development.
- Proven knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes.
- Good knowledge of complex electronic systems and the associated safety and reliability issues
- Track record as an effective teammate with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with good verbal and written communication
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.