At Leonardo, we are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing Software community.
Leonardo has opened a new site in Newcastle and we are looking to enhance our existing Software capability in the Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh
The Captor Mechanically Scanned (M-Scan) Radar is the Eurofighter Typhoon primary sensor and remains the primary front line defence aircraft for the UK, Germany, Italy & Spain. As a result of significant customer demand for future technology enhancements, Leonardo are are looking to increase and strengthen the Captor M-Scan software development team by adding experienced Software Engineers to deliver exciting new capabilities to our customers.
The role will be to provide software engineering technical and domain knowledge support for the current development programme and be part of the software team that will develop and support Task Based Management (TBM) in the Captor M-Scan product line moving forward. The TBM methodology set to be used a number of future Leonardo products.
As a Software Engineer on the Captor M programme, you will be expected to be a highly motivated experienced software engineer who is willing to take on a challenge to meet the needs of our software engineering roles. These roles demand a high degree of work performance and customer/end user focus from you in order to meet the operational challenges of the Captor M-Scan product line.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Follow the software development lifecycle
- Implement all of the skills required for software development
- Be responsible for creating high quality and robust code, for fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and reports on progress to your supervisor
- Deliver technical reports and documents, as well as generate and present technical presentations to project stakeholders
- Be able to follow a project plan and identify key elements within the project plan
- Report clear and concise progress to the software team lead and Project and Engineering management
- Work alongside and closely with the Software & Systems team, as well as the rooflab integration team. You will investigate and resolve real integration problems on a complex system
What we need from you is applied knowledge and industry experience in:
- Understanding of C
- Python, Java
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Industry application of object-oriented high-level programming languages
- Configuration Management toolsets
- A solid understanding of Bus Transactions
Demonstrable experience in the following areas will help you stand out:
- Working and delivering software using agile techniques such as Scrum, and tooling such as Jira / Confluence / Bitbucket / GItlab
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people’s full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo’s future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
GB - Newcastle