We are looking for a wide range of Electronics Design Engineers at various levels to join Leonardo in Newcastle. We are a world-class defence Technology Company. We develop cutting edge Radars for the Eurofighter Typhoon and SAAB Gripen fighter jets, as well as Maritime and Airborne surveillance systems. We are also investors in innovation, undertaking all our own research to fuel our future products. We are recruiting talented, motivated engineers to join our growing Electronics team.
What you’ll do as a Senior Electronics Design Engineer:
This is an exciting opportunity for you as an Engineer to bring your skillset and knowledge to a fast paced, dynamic and forward thinking working environment. To be successful you should consider yourself an expert in at least one of the following:
If you do not consider yourself an expert yet, but have a keen interest in becoming one in the near future, then we still want to hear from you.
What we need from you:
Personal attributes and values are just as important to us as technical ability so we are looking for engineers with a willingness to learn, progress and develop through our devoted technical career path. If you are passionate in what you do and can deliver a pragmatic approach to problem solving we would like to hear from you.
You must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only.
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people’s full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo’s future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
GB - Edinburgh
GB - Newcastle