MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 - £50,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2-3 days per week on-siteFlexible working:
For this role we welcome applications from people looking to work term-time, part-time
or a flexible working patternThe opportunity:
Due to an increase in workload an opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager specifically in our New Business Team to join a dynamic and forward thinking manufacturing organisation.What we're looking for from you:
Join a great team!
- Bid lead on behalf of manufacturing, ensure clarity of scope within Bid Directive and content aligns with manufacturing industrial policy.
- Responsible for the generations of manufacturing bids (PowerPoint), ensuring they are competitive, compliant and are in line with all business and commercial criteria. All risks have been assessed effectively, and are financial sound and competitive. Ensuring at all times Manufacturing is providing value added contributions to the bid directive.
- Develop and maintain a strong and collaborative working relationship with all key stakeholders, providing Manufacturing with forward visibility of future bids and market intelligence.
- Ensuring manufacturing is a key partner in the generation of bid data throughout the Life Cycle of the Project/Product, and adequately prepared to manage and deliver competitive and complaint bid proposals.
- Support the New Business Team in the identification of new business opportunities and the development of approaches to winning the business.
- Actively participates in Functional & Strategic Change activities, support best practice & functional excellence.
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying manufacturing processes and procedures in assigned areas with a keenness to adopt a continuous improvement attitude.
- Support to the continued validation and evolution of the cost model and bidding methodology within manufacturing to ensure competitiveness checks are in place on all bids.
- Ensuring costs reflect the latest assumptions, including Unit Production Cost (UPC) using actual cost data where possible and engineering estimates where not.
- Collect, summarise and present information or data, carrying out pre-defined analyses and ensuring completeness and accuracy, and provide it to others for use in decision-making. Challenge data and information provided to ensure the Bid Pack is clear, and fully auditable back to the data source.
- Ensure effective process governance in assigned areas ensuring projects adhere to all policies and procedures, promoting a culture of collaboration and sharing of knowledge; contributing to relevant overall MBDA bidding activities
Being a key member of the project management team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members, challenge the norm and implement change within the organisation.
The role will provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and the chance to work both with teams throughout the UK but also internationally.
MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.