MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary: Competitive depending on experience What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
that some of the above benefits will be pro-rated in line with your contractual hoursDynamic (hybrid) working:
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. The Opportunity
We have phenomenal opportunities for experienced, part time Principal Mechanical Design Engineers to work in all areas of our Product Life Cycles from Mechanical Future Concepts, detailed Design and Qualification to Production and In-service Support.
You will be joining like-minded enthusiastic teams, working on a diverse range of world class products; leading the development of mechanical solutions on a wide variety of complex weapons and weapon systems whilst collaborating with wider multi-disciplinary teams.
If you are looking for a part time role where you can make a real difference; a role where you will take ownership for delivery and tackle a variety of exciting challenges then this could be for you!
We are committed to investing in your development so you can continue to build your career with MBDA.What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with experience in Mechanical Design and Development in one of the following areas; Mechanisms, Structures, Assembly and Integration, Concept down selection and development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience across the Product Life Cycle (CADMID)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business
These roles may require reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel in Europe.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.