BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. Role Description
The Salesforce Lead Solution Architect (SA) designs and manages the Salesforce solution engineering. The SA is also in charge of leading the practice and introducing the overall technical vision for Salesforce. The SA leads the work with stakeholders, leadership and subject matter experts to build a holistic view of the Salesforce strategy and architectural roadmap and ensures that the business and IT are in alignment. Core Duties
Subject Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding existing Salesforce configuration and code to see how it supports the business process and policy.
- Ensure development of application follows defined Salesforce CRM architecture and aligns with enterprise standards. Ensure it balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements.
- Own Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts.
- Responsible for Salesforce strategies and risks in relation to maintenance, data, integrations and security.
- Accountable for the work done by all Salesforce developers, admins and testers
- Drive innovation within the Salesforce by creating and identifying re-usable components, tools, accelerators and App exchange solutions, driving the team’s adoption of these accelerators.
- Evaluate trade-offs with technology and feasibility and make choices that fit the constraints of the project
- Communicate concepts, architectures, solution approach options and evaluations through effective diagrams, written materials and meetings with the goal to support all stakeholders understanding and decision making.
- Recommend alternate approaches, define technical impacts, and provide high level sizing estimates
- Teaming up with business analysts to ensure Salesforce solutions meet the BD requirements
- Providing Salesforce training and knowledge sharing
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Extensive hands on knowledge, experience of Salesforce declarative programming techniques and administrative features
- Extensive hands on knowledge, experience of Salesforce coding language (APEX, Triggers, Batch Apex, LWC)
- Experience in Data modelling
- Experience in managing CI/CD process
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce, Sales Cloud and sales processes
- Good understanding in Service Cloud is good to have
- Knowledge of Integrations, 3rd party integration tools, ETL with Salesforce is good to have
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Proven resilience, calm under pressure
- Proven experience to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Experience to drive process change.
- Great team player
- Extensive Experience of working in a similar role or environment.
- Relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent experience of working within Agile Methodologies
- Salesforce certifications beneficial
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.