AWE is currently looking for Electrical & C&I Engineers to contribute to the delivery of the Test and Trials Technology Centre.
The successful candidates will directly contribute to the unique and extraordinary challenges of the Technology Centre, delivering the design and development of equipment for our world-leading test facilities and the experiments conducted with them.
Location: Aldermaston, Berkshire (on-site)
Package: £35,720- 52,000 pa (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 13th February 2024
- To provide Electrical/C&I Engineering expertise to the Engineering Trials Delivery Unit (ETDU) in support of AWE Programmes. Work closely with other engineers to apply engineering methodology and processes whilst working under limited levels of supervision.
- Types of equipment and systems typically covered by the role will vary, but will predominately be ETDU assets such as shakers and amplifiers, centrifuges, drop test machines and their supporting plant such as, chilled water, AHU's etc.
- Provide advice, guidance, progress reports, and supporting documentation (or review) to stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Operations Management, Process Owners, Operators, Maintainers, and Occupants. Advise and undertake plant shutdowns and isolations.
- Produce modification packages, manage configured plant changes, and function as an intelligent customer in acquiring or specifying engineering services or products.
- Make evidence-based engineering decisions to solve technical problems. Apply expertise to electrical systems in associated plant to deliver engineered solutions within the operational lifecycle phase.
- Identify and escalate business risk or opportunities arising from the condition of ETDU systems in the interests of safety, regulatory compliance, quality, and reliability.
- Adherence to Company Management System requirements, relevant Technical Standards & Legislation, and business controls.
- May be required to carry out relevant safety related roles including but not limited to Work Supervisory
Officer, Competent, Nominated or Authorised Person Electrical, Risk Assessor, with the opportunity to undertake compensated and non-compensated secondary roles providing various support capabilities.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in some or all of the following:
- Design experience - Electrical/C&I experience.
- Apprenticeship on the job experience, Visio / AutoCAD drawing experience.
- Computer software support - LabVIEW coding experience, PLC programming - Function Block/Ladder Logic.
- Computer Networking knowledge - IP Address / NAS drives, Electronics component recognition.
- Proven ability to deliver across industrial/manufacturing/research environments incorporating infrastructure facilities, plant, and equipment. Previous experience as an installer or maintainer beneficial, this role is more hands-on technical.
- Good written and oral communication skills with confidence in dealing with a wide range of people.
- HND/NVQ4 level in STEM vocational qualification supported by considerable practical experience or equivalent.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.