MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £37,500
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 3 to 4 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
Due to the extensive construction works planned across MBDA a new exciting role has opened up for a Health and Safety Professional to join the Facilities Management Department. You will work closely with the Contractor Compliance and CDM Manager ensuring that all Facilities Project Work and Contractor Controls are delivered safely, ensuring standard methodology within our fast paced industry.
Building positive relationships with the Facilities Operations Team and the Maintenance Service Provider across all of the UK sites, working together to ensure compliance with Small Works and maintenance.
The role will not only involve active engagement within the Facilities Team, but also supporting works across the wider business, along with developing strong working relationships across a board spectrum of Contractors.What we're looking for from you:
- Experienced H & S Advisor who can handle own workload across multiple sites
- A strong proven understanding of the CDM 2015 Regulations
- Someone with experience of carrying out site inspections and ensuring that actions raised are closed out in a suitable timeframe
- Ability to collate information for it to be used in reporting to the wider business
- Minimum NEBOSH Construction Certification required along with being able to obtain a CSCS card
- Knowledge of the auditing process
- To be able to problem address and develop workable solutions
- You must be a strong communicator and be able to influence others
- Be able to travel to all UK sites on a regular basis
- Provide mentorship to ensure the business remain compliant in its activities
- Someone who is able to carry out investigations and build a report
- Who can promote standard methodology across all FM works/Projects
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.