MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Competitive depending on experience What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role (Optional)
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Candidates should be aware that this is predominantly a site-based role.The opportunity:
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the Mechanical Future Concepts team, as a Mechanical Design Engineer embedded within Sparkworks, working on Novel and Disruptive Technologies.
You will work within a multidisciplinary team which engages across many areas of missile design over a mixture of research and mainstream project work. You will lead the Mechanical Development for assigned projects, sub-systems or components, providing Mechanical Engineering expertise into the team.
The projects that you'll work on are in the first stages of development so you'll have the opportunity to shape their direction into development and rapidly prototype designs.
You will also propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.What we're looking for from you:
- A good understanding of Mechanical Design, including an appreciation of packaging electronics incl. thermal considerations
- An ability to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Structural Design and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with, influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
Note: Candidates will be required to attain DV (Developed Vetting) level of clearance in order to conduct this role.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDA_UK), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.