MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
Circa £50,000 to 65,000 (depending on experience)What we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role (Optional)
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. However, due to the secure classification of the work for this role and the network access, you will be required 4 days per week in the office, as a minimum.The opportunity! Software Engineer (Ada)
Due to business growth, we currently have a number of Software Engineer opportunities.
MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile defence systems in the world.
We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to join the team to develop Command and Control (C2), Launch Management and In-Flight Data Link solutions for the next generation of advanced air defence systems.
Activities work across the entire software engineering lifecycle, from discussing requirement change with the Systems team, all the way to being involved with qualification and software releases. Working with innovative technologies across a range of land and maritime defence projects.
Naturally, safety is critical; we have an enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
MBDA Software Engineering (SE) has an internal SE University, created and delivered by MBDA software engineers to optimally manage and share key knowledge and skills.What we're looking for from you:
Desirable experience (but certainly not essential)
- A solid background in software engineering.
- Experience with C++, Ada or C.
- We welcome applications from those with experience in other software languages such as C, C++, Rust, as we have found that Ada can easily mastered by capable software engineers; help and support will be provided if needed.
- Experience working with a formal design process such as MASCOT, UML and tools E.g. Rhapsody.
- A passion for software engineering be able to innovate, and think critically to solve complex software problems.
- Knowledge of external standards such as DefStan 00-55 and MISRA
- Development for embedded Linux
- Exposure to system testing (on virtualised and real hardware) and host based testing will also form part of the role.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDA_UK), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.