MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £60,000 to £75,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary (Level 5)
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year) - (Levels 1-4)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime (Levels 1-4)
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave (Levels 1-4)
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more.....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
- Working patterns including Part Time or Term Time available.
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Due to the nature of this role, there is a need to be predominately office based.The opportunity! Lead Software Engineer - Mission Planning and Control
MBDA is undergoing strong growth across our business and we are looking for experienced lead software engineers to join us delivering innovative software solutions in the Mission Planning & Control domain for our current and future weapon systems.
In this role, you will bring your broad experience and skills to help guide the development of next generation complex weapons systems. This is a hands-on role developing software and working across projects as an in-house consultant providing technical leadership, guidance and mentoring. We work within a network of multi-disciplinary teams on existing and new software systems.
Not worked in defence before? Not a problem, we would love to hear from you as we value the diversity of experience gained from different industries that you can bring. We are committed to helping all employees continue their professional development. You'll be fully supported with internal and external training available to allow you to achieve your potential.What we're looking for from you:
- Broad and significant experience of Software development across a variety of domains and technologies.
- Excellent understanding of at least one high level language such as C++, Core Java, C#.
- Competent coding skills in several other languages, such as those above, Python, scripting etc.
- Ability to work across all software development activities, from requirements capture and analysis, through design and implementation to testing.
- Knowledge of Agile and Adaptive software development practices.
- A good understanding of architectural and design patterns
- Some Windows and Linux administration skills.
- Familiarity with current DevOps & CI/CD practices.
- Evidence of self-development.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.