AWE is looking for Warhead Systems Engineers (Product Surety)
The Warhead Engineering team are looking for a motivated individuals to conduct systems engineering activities to support future weapon system development. These roles have a focus on technical product security and involves the analysis and assessment of threats to the product across the warhead lifecycle and, the development of the product security sub-system to provide mitigation. Although not a purist systems engineer role, these roles requires the mindset of a systems thinker and the application of systems engineering methods, approaches, tools and techniques.
These are ideal roles for those just starting out in their career and is within a specialist area so opportunities for relevant training and development will be provided. We are proud to have such a friendly and supportive group for you to join and offer excellent development opportunities for our staff to progress within the team.
Role: Warhead Systems Engineers - Product Surety (office based)
Salary: £27,960 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 19th January 202
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
What you would be responsible for:
- Supporting stakeholder engagement activities to collaborate with other areas of the business, the customer, government agencies (international and domestic) and regulators to support multiple Warhead Engineering projects
- Supporting the development and use of tools and techniques to conduct domain specific analysis and assessments from system to component level
- Supporting Subject Matter Experts to help influence the system design and solution, working alongside multiple engineering and scientific disciplines
- Supporting activities to influence, capture and translate stakeholder vision into system and sub-system requirements
- Supporting the development of Concept of Operations and system architectures (functional and physical)
- Supporting the generation and management of Validation & Verification evidence
- Producing high quality technical reports, presentations and project artefacts as required by company Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process and project delivery
- Developing your own expertise in the area
These roles require someone with:
- Strong communication and soft skills to work with people and teams to both discover and share key information
- Innovative systems thinking approach
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to embrace the variety of activities which are part of the role
- Ability to manage and deliver objectives on time to high quality
To be considered for these roles candidates will ideally have an Honours Degree (or equivalent) in science, engineering or a closely related discipline.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Occasional travel to the USA for partnering opportunities may be required.