AWE has fantastic opportunities for Electromagnetic Engineers.
Are you an Electromagnetic Engineer, who has the ability, to see the bigger picture, and identify and execute solutions? If so, the Warhead Systems Engineering Team could have a career for you.
Role: Electromagnetic Engineer
Location: Reading area (Site based)
Salary: £35,720 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: 20th February 2024
We are looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers to apply their Electromagnetic skills to challenging system integration, safety, security, or nuclear projects.
We will also be growing your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
The difference you'll make in these roles:
- Contributing and leading on the delivery of requirements, conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation, and validation evidence for engineering solutions through all lifecycle phases
- Appling Systems Thinking and finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges.
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future.
- Communicating your ideas through reports and presentations to others
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective, and safe, today and into the future.
We are looking for candidates with the following essential experience:
- A working knowledge of electromagnetic systems and their interfaces.
- Experience in EMC for product design, test, and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in setting up and conducting all types of EMC/EMF tests.
- Able to work efficiently as a self-directed individual or part of a team.
- Able to follow complex defined test plans and datasheets with necessary supervision/support. Evaluate test performance and sample operation to properly evaluate test results. Record and explain test results and complete test report.
- Examine complex customer samples with help and learn to operate appropriate tests for each case. Communicate with customers during setup and operation to ensure proper evaluation.
- Understand specific test standards and product technology for scope of responsibility.
- Experience preparing technical documentation.
- Competence in the use of MS Office. (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of delivery.
We are looking for candidates with the following desirable experience:
- Serve as Project Lead for simple test programs as assigned with the necessary assistance. Communicate project status and results as needed. Hold responsibility for defining test plan, report completion and accuracy, meeting of agreed deadlines, and managing project related activities.
- Integrate basic continuous improvement concepts and techniques for both process and equipment. Communicate with management and technical staff to provide suggestions for new equipment, processes, and forms to improve accuracy and efficiencies.
- Experience working in an electrical / electronic engineering position.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Experience teaching/training others.
The key skills & experience you'll bring:
- Degree or HNC/NVQ Level 4(supported by considerable practical experience) or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. If you have a different STEM qualification but have extensive knowledge of Electromagnetic Engineering, we would also like to hear from you.
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team and support or take the technical lead in projects.
- Experience in Design, Integration and Testing of Electromagnetic systems.
What will you get from us?
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services.
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution).
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply).
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.