MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £39,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking, onsite gym.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 5 days per week on-site.The opportunity:
The Electrical Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for carrying out the production, repair and modification of company products to meet defined build standards and specification requirements. You will:
What we're looking for from you:
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection, and where relevant, inspection times are met.
- Check and complete all required manufacturing data requirements.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Maintain a safe working environment and a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 is essential for this role.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate is preferable.
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- We are passionate about our people, and we recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require and intelligent and motivated team.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.