AWE is currently recruiting Quality inspectors, ideally with experience in first principal tools. We are seeking applicants from manufacturing, operations, or engineering backgrounds.
All training will be provided as well as a career path for quality inspection to advance your career as Quality professional. Your work will be involved in some interesting methods and innovative projects, shaping and 'making amazing happen'. This role will be hands-on for the inspection of Warhead Products, to develop and innovate, to establish validated future methods and advise on capability that is fit for Nuclear Weapon inspection ensuring product conformity. You will be working in a friendly team of similar professionals; we encourage personal growth to truly develop your potential as world class.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
Salary: £27,960- £38,000 (dependent on experience) + allowances of up to £5,295
Working on a four-day week pattern
Closing Date - 15th Feb 2024
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Good attention to detail
- Capable of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment
- The ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation
- Proficient in technical role requirements
- Understanding of Basic Quality Tools and World Class Manufacturing
- Good inter-personnel skills
- Flexible with good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate, competent in using the Microsoft Office range of software
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality processes.
Duties to include:
- Participation in experimental trials, improvement activities and audits.
- Engagement with relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques for future programs of work.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience and/or ONC or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Capable of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications, and standards.
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation.
- All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.