AWE has a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering VR Specialist
This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for providing computer graphics capability to assist AWE's engineering and scientific communities.
Location: Reading Area
Salary: £35,720 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 15th February 2024
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
We're looking for an enthusiastic 3D Generalist to join a small team of developers/artists.
Knowledge or experience in Modelling, Texturing and Animating game-ready assets for use in our own Virtual Reality applications.
Generating CAD exports, Animation, Modelling, Lighting, Retopology, PBR Texturing and Compositing/Video editing are all parts of our daily work.
Experience using 3ds Max, Photoshop, After Effects, Unreal Engine and
Substance Painter/Designer are preferable, but equivalent skills will still be considered.
A portfolio of work will be required for interview.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as required.